Greek Chicken & Rice Recipe
We wanted to make it easy for anyone to make one of our most popular Mediterranean diet meals so here is the recipe for one of our best sellers, The Greek Chicken! All you need to do is gather the ingredients, follow these steps, and soon you will be enjoying this delicious Mediterranean diet dish. If you aren't interested in cooking, but still want to try this dish then click here.
- Dice chicken in 1/2 pieces and season with half of your salt, pepper, oregano, and thyme. Brown the chicken with half the olive oil in the skillet until it reaches 165 degrees.
- Add onion and garlic, small diced red bell peppers, and sauté until soft.
- Add large diced canned tomatoes, tomato crushed, and the remainder of the oregano and thyme, as well as 1/2 of the chopped parsley.
- Bring to a simmer uncovered for 20 minutes or until the liquid is reduced by half and thickened.
- Add chick peas, the remainder of salt and pepper. Turn off the heat and stir in the remainder of the olive oil and parsley. Then you let it cool to safe temperatures.
- Cook rice using the recipe and let cool to safe temperatures.
- Now, all you have to do is plate your dish and enjoy!
1lb - Chicken Breast
6.8oz or 0.8 Cups - Organic Canned diced tomatoes
2.4oz or 4.6 tablespoons - Extra virgin olive oil
0.2857oz or 0.5714 tablespoons - Low sodium Salt
4.6oz or 0.5 cups - Organic crushed peeled tomatoes
3.7oz or 0.4625 cups - Diced yellow onions
1.1oz or 0.4 cups - Diced sweet red peppers
0.6279oz or 17.8 sprigs - Chopped parsley
0.3633oz or 0.1 cups - Raw minced garlic
0.0529oz or 0.8 teaspoons - Dried oregano
0.0423oz or 0.24 teaspoons - Black pepper
0.0303oz or 0.9 teaspoons - Dried thyme
0.0004oz or 0.3x teaspoons - Ground bay leaves
14oz - Whole grain brown rice
4.6oz - Chickpeas Furmano
Don't have time to cook?
Not everyone has time to cook or enjoys cooking, but that doesn't mean you can't enjoy this delicious Mediterranean diet dish. You can have fully prepared, Mediterranean diet meals delivered to your front door with free shipping. Click the link to check out our menu of 30+ Mediterranean diet dishes: Mediterranean Diet Menu