- This made my life so much easier while trying to eliminate high FODMAP foods from my diet and then reintroducing them one at at time. I was able to rest easy knowing that my daily lunch and dinners were going to be safe for me to eat without any discomfort and I was able to really learn what FODMAPs caused me the most abdominal distress.
In 2008, I lost 110lbs on Weight Watchers. Since then, I have always lived with a "weight watcher" mentality that all fruits and vegetables are zero points and you can eat as much as you want of them until you are full. Never did I think that foods I considered healthy would cause me so much discomfort. I had to reshape my thinking throughout this entire process and realized that even healthy foods can cause stomach trouble. I have been able to maintain my weight loss since 2008 and still while enjoying the delicious meals prepared by ModifyHealth!
- Just do it. You won't regret it.
If you have been told you have IBS and you have to figure out what causes your symptoms then you have to use ModifyHealth meals to get you started in the right direction because I know first hand trying to do all of it yourself is over-whelming especially when you don't feel good as it is.
- I was bloated (more than normal) w/terrible gas for a year until I started this diet. I tried to make balanced low fodmap meals but I always found it difficult to stick with basics so I messed up once a day which ruined everything. I also don't have time to worry about what Im eating, so these delicious meals are a godsend. Im now gas and bloat free (after 1 week of meals that happened).
I am SO appreciative that you exist. Especially now, it so happens, with Covid.
I’m thankful to feel like I have knowledge and power to live a different life than the symptom heavy one I felt trapped in.
I was concerned about the cost of the food - it's more than I would normally pay. However, before I had to go to the store and spend time shopping, looking at the ingredients, then spend time at home preparing the food. Now I don't spend that time. That to me made up the difference in the cost and made this a no-brainer for this busy single lady!
I grew up with a large Italian family in Texas. The idea of giving up large portions of the main ingredients of Italian and Mexican cooking was very scary and disappointing to me. I learned there is more than one way to create those flavors and your body will thank you for it. Don't avoid feeling better because of the cost or your "favorite" foods. Your life will be changed for the better.
I was skeptical, but I'm happy I didn't let that stop me from trying this solution. ModifyHealth's Customer Care is very helpful and attentive to customers.
- I think this would have been too much to manage on my own, so I'm extremely grateful for the lunches and dinners provided by ModifyHealth. I felt better less than a week after removing all high FODMAP foods.
- I can make it through the day without having the urgency/worry of being able to find a bathroom. I have less pain, allowing me to sleep better and be more productive. I am also a lot less bloated, so my clothes fit better.
The dietitians are incredibly helpful and the program is clear and easy-to-follow. It's kind of foolproof! During this coronavirus pandemic, I've had additional peace of mind that a variety of healthy meals are coming to me and I don't have to venture out to the store as often. My digestion gets worse during stressful times, so I can't even imagine how much pain I would be in if I didn't have these meals!
The biggest help from this program is having a dietitian support you along the way. I had a ton of questions regarding foods to avoid and portion sizes, and it makes the process a lot easier being able to communicate them throughout the program.
I had tried all types of medicine and dietary solutions prior to ModifyHealth and never had any results. I am very thankful to have found ModifyHealth!
I also now know how much of an impact stress and my period have on my IBS. I know I need to prepare for those things and give myself grace during those times to avoid more flare ups.
I realized that sticking with the ModifyHealth meal plans is the best option for me. It takes the guess work out of figuring out whats safe to eat and it is best for my overall health and well being.
I just want other people to know that this is so worth doing. I did not realize the extent of my misery until I was not in constant pain.
I’ve struggled with GI issues my entire life and tried everything from taking Imodium to various probiotics with little success. I’ve also seen huge improvements to my gut health by going on a Whole Food Plant-Based diet with huge improvements but not until now have I realized that eating nutritious isn’t enough. Now, I realize that there are still foods that while they may be healthy, may not necessarily good for my gut health.