Low FODMAP Caramel Turtle Brownies
Are you looking for a Low FODMAP holiday dessert that everyone will love? Look no further than these Low FODMAP Caramel Turtle Brownies by Real Food with Jessica.
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil or ghee
- 1/3 cup Santa Barbara unsweetened chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup Santa Barbara Vegan Cocoa Powder2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup Santa Barbara unsweetened chocolate chips
- Toast the pecan. Preheat oven to 350° and place pecans on a sheet tray. Drizzle with a little oil and sprinkle with a little salt if desired. Bake 7-8 minutes, until fragrant. Let cool and chop. Set aside.
- While the pecans are toasting, make the caramel. In a small bowl, combine the SunButter, maple syrup, coconut oil, and vanilla. Stir until smooth. Set aside.
- Make the brownies. Line a 8x8 (or 9x9) pan with parchment paper and set aside. Combine the coconut oil and chocolate chips in a small sauce pan. Heat over medium heat until just melted, just a couple minutes, stirring the whole time. Remove from heat, pour into a medium bowl and add the maple syrup. Add in the cocoa powder, sift if needed. Stir to combine. Add in the eggs (mixture will be cool enough now to not cook them) and stir. Add in the coconut flour, salt and vanilla and stir again, making sure no dry spots remain.
- Scoop half of the mixture into the pan and spread evenly. Top with half of the caramel, carefully spreading it all over. Sprinkle with half the pecans and then scoop the remaining half of the brownies batter on top. This needs to be done carefully, spreading the batter over the caramel and pecans without mixing too much. Top with remaining pecans and the 1/4 cup chocolate chips. Bake 20-22 minutes. Drizzle with remaining caramel and serve.