Thyme & Rosemary Pot Roast
- 12 oz. Boneless chuck or sirloin
- 1/2 oz. Scallions (green part only)
- 1 ea. (3 oz.) Carrot, trimmed & 1-inch diced
- 1 ea. (2 oz.) Parsnip, trimmed & 1-inch diced
- 1 ea. (2 oz.) Turnips, trimmed & 1-inch diced
- 2 ea. (4 oz.) Red potatoes, trimmed & 1-inch diced
- 3 sprigs Flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1 ea. Bay leaves
- 5 sprigs Fresh thyme
- 1 sprig Fresh rosemary
- 1/3 cup Red wine
- 1 1/2 cups Water
- 1 tbsp. Cooking oil
- 1 oz. Tomato paste (Low-FODMAP)
- 1/8 tsp. Cumin, ground
- 1/8 tsp. Allspice, ground
- 1/2 tsp. Sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. Ground pepper
- tsp. Bob’s Red Mill® Gluten-Free 1-to-1 Baking Flour
Combine beef, 1/4 tsp. salt, 1/8 tsp. gram pepper, allspice, cumin & flour. Tie together thyme, rosemary & bay leaf.
Heat a deep skillet or braising dish over med-high, using half the cooking oil brown beef about 2 minutes per side. Cook in a single layer, in batches if necessary. Reserve any extra flour & seasoning from beef.
Reduce heat to medium, then add remaining oil, parsnip, turnip & carrot. Cook 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally until lightly browned. Add tomato paste and reserved beef flour.
Cook while stirring until tomato paste is browned. Add wine, simmer until reduced by half.
Add potatoes, then beef along with any resting juices, tied herbs, then add enough water to just cover, about 4 cups.
Cook over low heat (or in oven at 300F) for 2 1/2 - 3 1/2 hours or until beef is tender. Stirring at least once about half way through.
Once cooked, allow to cool, then remove herb bundle - squeezing to extract as much liquid as possible.
Eliminate the hassle of meal prep and get fresh, chef-prepared, Low-FODMAP meals delivered right to your door. Contact your GI provider for more information on ModifyHealth or order online at ModifyHealth.com.